Mālama Loan (NHRLF)
- Loan amounts from $2,500 to $20,000
- Annual Percentage Rate (APR) ranging from 4.00% to 6.25%; fixed
- Up to a 7 year loan term
The Mālama Loan Program (NHRLF) is designed to help provide all people of Native Hawaiian ancestry better access to credit, capital, and financial services & skills as part of a larger effort to create jobs, wealth, and economic & social well-being for all the people of Hawai‘i.
It’s as easy as 1, 2, 3
1. Create a log in for security.
2. Gather your documents (See below for document list) .
3. Complete the online application.
The process will typically take 20-25 minutes. Once you complete the application, a lending associate will contact you within two business days. Once an application has been approved, documents can be signed and funds can be disbursed usually within five to eight business days.
WALK IN APPLICATIONS:
You can apply in person at any OHA Office Locations
For our neighbor island applicants, OHA’s neighbor island staff is fully trained on loan closing and fund disbursement procedures, and will be able to assist you with your loan closing.
MAIL IN APPLICATIONS:
Native Hawaiian Revolving Loan Fund
OHA Malama Loan Program
560 N. Nimitz Hwy. Box #6
Honolulu, HI 96817
For more information, please contact (808) 594-1888, email NHRLF@ohaloanfund.org, or contact your OHA neighbor island office.
To be eligible, you must be a:
- U.S. Citizen
- State of Hawai‘i Resident
- Native Hawaiian (verified through Birth Certificate, OHA Hawaiian Registry Card, Kamehameha Schools verification letter or verification letter from the Department of Hawaiian Homelands).
The following documents need to be submitted with your application:
- Proof of Native Hawaiian Ancestry
- State of Hawai‘i Driver’s License or State of Hawai‘i Identification Card
- One month of current consecutive paystubs, two years of W2’s for all current employment, and two years most recent Federal Tax returns if applying over $10,000
- Verification and breakdown of use of funds
- Completed loan interview worksheet
- Business loans require most recent two years tax returns. If business is in operations for less than two years, but more than 1 year, then most recent business tax return and current profit and loss statement must be submitted
- A Business plan is required for any startup business loans
MALAMA LOAN PAYMENTS
Payments may be mailed in to:
OHA Malama Loan Fund
P.O. Box 30960
Honolulu, HI 96820-0960